News from Jan 18, 2016 – Jan 25, 2016
Hello and welcome to the second issue of This Week in Amethyst, a blog bringing you the latest changes and updates regarding the Amethyst game engine every week. If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to call me out on Gitter.
Three pull requests landed this week.
What's cooking on master?
- Amethyst now builds correctly on stable and beta Rust release channels!
However, this might not remain for long, as the unstable
std::boxed::FnBoxis going to be incorporated soon. For those on stable Rust, get it while you can!
- With that in mind, issue #11 has been resolved.. Further emphasis on Amethyst's reliance on nightly Rust features is put in the Amethyst book's "Hello World" tutorial. Thanks for the pull request, @cooperra!
- As part of issue #13, the engine has been split into multiple
- Unit tests have been moved into the
testsfolder, which isn't quite idiomatic practice but is a good enough solution for now. Thanks again to @Oflor!
- Implement thread-safe ECS (issue #10)
- Reorganize project infrastructure (issue #13)
- Use GFX for rendering (issue #16)
Once issue #13 is closed and the unit test matter is resolved, expect the first official release of the "Explosive Cleric" series, Amethyst 0.2.0!